Freedom Plié 3
The FREEDOM Plié 3 knee is the world’s most reactive electronic knee; it responds 10 to 20 times quicker than the other microprocessor-controlled knees. It’s also water-resistant.
Its stumble and fall protection system lets users instinctively move at their own pace in any direction…even if it’s taking small short steps or turning round in confined spaces.
The FREEDOM Plié 3 knee is suitable for:
- People with moderate activity levels who need a responsive custom-made knee capable of stopping them from stumbling when engaging in a variety of activities
- Active or even very active people looking for a knee which lets them walk and run
- At a range of speeds over uneven surfaces.
- People whose hip has sufficient muscle strength in flexion and extension
- Occasionally exposed to water
Based on many years of experience and on analysis of feedback from patients and professionals, the third version of the Plié has been further improved:
FREEDOM Plié 3 has more rugged internal components tested to ensure compliance with our rigorous standards for improved durability.
- Interchangeable batteries for greater on-the-go convenience
- An improved flexion resistance bevel designed for durability
- Patented sensor and load cell for advanced stumble recovery
The new, intuitive software displays specific instructions to guide the prosthetist through the set-up process. The system features built-in gait and speed analysis to demonstrate variable cadence capacity to payors and referral sources
- Controlled valve
- 8 MHz microprocessor that reacts within 10 milliseconds
- New bearings and electronic components for an even smoother gait
- New option to access the batteries remotely to allow a single-piece cosmetic element to be worn
The electronic components are water-resistant. Plié 3 can be safely immersed in shallow fresh water for 30 minutes.
- Watertight, color-coded battery cap
- IP67-tested electronics components for occasional immersion in fresh water
The user can select from 11 cosmetic fairings options that protect the frame and individualise the Plié 3 knee.
The FREEDOM Plié 3 knee, manufactured by PROTEOR, is intended to be fitted to amputees. This product is a class-1, CE-marked medical device that is certified as conforming with Regulation (EU) 2017/745. Read the instructions for use carefully before use. Ask your prosthetist for advice.